Monday, January 12, 2015

Liquid Gold



     Despite the best efforts of the United States Postal Service, the jar of honey from Cedar Pond arrived unscathed. I will not horde my honey, but I will need to keep an eye on it: my live-in daughter prefers this annual windfall above anything I can buy in the store. My brother, the Beekeeper, produces a singular product with a floral nose and a delicate finish.

     “Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
   

4 comments:

  1. you did it again!! ;-)) ...that moment before The Moment...I have never thought about that yet, is there anything better?!

    this honey sounds like a 'honey of a honey'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ability to say succinctly so much in so few words. We both are happy the honey is very much appreciated. Jim and his bees work very hard all year for a few gallons ( 5 this year ) of liquid gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more reason why it is so kind of you to share.

      Delete